I saw this on an iPhone case and it describes the way I feel about summer to a T.
maxi dress // retro sunglasses // Blush and Shadow // seahorse tee // denim shorts // sandals // lip balm // essie polish (Turquoise and Caicos)
Summer is in full swing! Can you believe the month of June is coming to an end? So in the spirit, I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite items in the summer!
1. First, let's talk about how wonderful maxi dresses are. I live in Georgia where it gets super hot and humid. The last thing you want is your clothes sticking to you. Maxi dresses are light, comfortable and fashionable! You can dress them up with a cute pair of wedges or dress them down in flip-flops or sandals. Its a easy choice when you can't find something to wear.
2. When I go to the beach or pool I don't like wearing my nice glasses. It is bound to get wet, scratched, lost or broken somehow. I learned my lesson in middle school when I borrowed my sister's Oakley's to go swim in the river with friends. My friend pushed me off the dock and there went the glasses in the water never to be seen again! My sister was not very happy with me. So I like to buy fun, cheap, and colorful glasses for such occasions.
3. Some beauty essentials that really go a long way in the summer are a good blush/bronzer, lip balms, and fun polishes! I got to try this Hot Mama blush because it came in my Birchbox. I really liked it because it was a great shade and doubled as a shadow! It was perfect for highlighting cheek bones and really gives you a summer glow. I have been through many lip balms and this one from Maybeline is my absolute favorite. It leaves your lips really smooth and I like the green one because its a little minty. They come in fun flavors and tints too! Lastly of this group is playing nail polishes. It is a MUST to maintain a nice pedicure and manicure during the summer. Your piggies are constantly in open toe shoes and who wants to see a jacked up pedicure. I love bright colors in the summer and neon has really become a favorite!
4. I have a thing for glitter (hence, Glitter and Juls? ;) ) These glitter sandals are the infamous Instagram ones that have become so popular. I don't own them but I like how versatile they are and really make any outfit pop! I think sandals in general are essential during the summer. Who wants to wear socks and tennis shoes in the heat?
5. Lastly, the next summer uniform besides maxi dresses would have to be a classic pair of denim shorts and a graphic tee. Nautical tees are fun for summer and I have this thing for sea horses lately. I also love flamingos, floral prints, and anything beachy themed.
What are your summer essentials? Anything I should try this summer? I'd love to hear your favorites and try a few out!