Today I’m sharing with you what I plan to take to the hospital this time around:
Buy items here: Duffle bag // nursing top // leggings // baby outfit // moccasins // nursing tanks// baby mittens and beanies // phone charger // receiving blankets // nursing bras // robe // hair ties // make-up bag // underwear // flip flops // nursing poncho
Let's break it down:
- I don't think I will even bother to bring a night gown or pajamas. Since I'm nursing this time and the buttons on the hospital gowns snap easily, I will just bring a robe to tie around me.
- Nursing essentials-- nursing tanks, bras, and cover. I love this nursing cover that can also be used as a car seat cover and an extra top option for me too!
- non-fancy underwear-- If you haven't had a baby before, they give you these lovely mesh contraptions they call undies. And to not ruin any fancy undies, go with a pack of comfy undies that you won't mind trashing.
- Flip flops or slippers to walk around the room.
- iPhone charger is a must because you'll be receiving and sending texts, calling friends and family, and taking pictures of your sweet little baby!
- hair ties, make-up and toiletries so you can feel human again!
- Take home outfits for mom and baby. I like to stick to simple and comfortable so that means leggings and I love this nursing top. And I can't forget my comfy moccasins. For the baby, be sure to bring a couple of different options for him/her. You don't know if the baby will be big or small so I brought a new born and 0-3 months option. I also brought mittens and a couple of beanies so I could take some cuter pictures.
- receiving blanket. This is not a necessity because the hospital will provide you with them, but for a cuter option