Ha, in true Noah fashion, we waited until halftime and decided we may need to visit the ER. We dropped the girls off with Mimi and headed to the hospital around 11:00. They hooked my up to the monitor and the nurse checked my cervix for dilation. I was indeed having contractions and I was 2 cm dilated. The baby's heart rate was good so at least I knew he was doing okay. He was also moving more than I have ever felt in one evening.
After being monitored for another 20 minutes the nurse came in and told me the on-call doctor wanted me to get a shot of terbutaline to halt the contractions. She checked my cervix again and since my cervix had not dilated anymore, we were allowed to go home.
I called my doctor first thing this morning and he also checked to see if anything had progressed. I was hooked to the monitor again and it was showing I was having contractions but about 10 minutes apart. I dilated 3 cm and was instructed to be on bedrest. So this baby has his own plans I guess. Ideally, we want to keep him from arriving for at least another week or two. I was prescribed another anti-contraction med and hopefully it will slow my labor down some. I see the doctor again tomorrow and hopefully things remain unchanged.
The doctor said that if I am any more dilated he will admit me.
I'm having a bit of deja vu because the same thing happened with Ava. She ended up coming at 37 weeks. Lily did too, actually, at 37 weeks and 2 days. I guess Levi wants to do the same thing.
So now it's just a waiting game. We will take it one day at a time and as long as the baby is healthy and moving I'll be okay. Stay tuned for more! Maybe by next post baby Levi will be here!