Thanks to Pinterest I've stumbled across some great fashion blogs. I came across a new one (A Serious Southern Shopaholic ) this weekend. K is a college student at UK and she has the cutest style. I love her outfits and the pictures she takes of them.
I thought I would take a shot at it. Here's my outfit from today :)
And that's not a mutant hand on the right. I'm holding Lily :) She's my cutest accessory!
We drove to Raleigh, North Carolina for the weekend to cheer on our niece, Kiara, at her basketball tournament. Here's a recap through pics:
Sarah, Moe, and the girls got me this T-shirt for my birthday. How appropriate.
The girls won their first game to a bunch of freshman girls! They are only on 7th grade! See #32? That's Kiara!
Ava is definitely not shy. She kept wanting to play with this little girl. Too precious.
After the game we visited the University of North Carolina campus. Noah was in heaven!
We couldn't resist! I tore up the limited edition strawberry cake doughnut with cream cheese frosting!
The girls hanging out in the hotel room :)
Lily hanging out at UNC's football stadium with Mimi.
Breakfast before watching Ki's first game on Sunday and before we hit the road. That's what's up!
Enough said. We had a great time with the family even if it was a short trip. The girls won both the games we watched and the UNC campus was beautiful. It made me reminisce about my college days for sure. Great weekend. P.S. I love my photo apps. These effects are courtesy of PicFrame, Instagram, and Phonto :)
So Kate (Sorry, still call you Kathryn) over at Barefoot Daydreams tagged me in a little blog chain survey (Eleven by Eleven) to get to know new bloggers. She answered her questions in a vlog (video blog) and I planned on it too, but at the moment I have two sick little ones. I don't have a free moment to even use the bathroom right now so raincheck on that vlog for now. Plus I'm probably sparing you anyway because I become sta-sta-stuttering Stanley when I have to speak in front of people. I also hate the sound of my recorded voice. I sound like a man. But I digress...
Rules: *You must post the rules. *Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you;then create 11 questions to ask the people you will tag. *tag 11 people and link them to your post. *Let them you know you have tagged them.
My answers to Kathryn's questions: 1} Are you a (freak) morning person or a night owl? I am definitely more of a morning person. Case in point, I woke up at 5 this morning to go to work so I didn't have to work late. I don't even need coffee! And on most nights I'm yawning by 9 pm...
2} What's the best road trip you've ever taken? I'm afraid I don't have an overly interesting answer to this question. I'm a bit sheltered and haven't taken many road trips. My last "road trip" was on the way to Orlando two weekends ago. The two moms (mine and Noah's) were asleep in the back and my seat buddy, Lily was also asleep. Pretty boring and uneventful :/
3}What was your first car? Silver 2001 Honda Civic. My companion til it was totaled two years ago :(
4} What's your favorite day of the week, and why? Friday. Its Pay Day, marks the end of the weekday and the beginning of the weekend!
5}What bad habit of other people's is most annoying to you? I would have to say rudeness. I just want to punch them in the face!
6} If someone made a movie of your life, who would play your present-day you? Rachel McAdams looks nothing like me, but I love her. She seems so down to earth. Maybe she would be a big enough pull to make people even want to see a movie about my life :)
7} What's your worst job you've ever had? I don't think I've had a bad job. If I had to pick something I didn't like about one of them... It would be when I worked as a waitress for Fannies. I hated prepping and cleaning the deck late after the restaurant closed. I was always so exhausted and the last think I wanted to do it bleach and mop all of the deck!
8} Obama or Romney? Just kidding- don't answer that. Answer this: Team Gale or Team Peeta? Hmm. I definitely bounce back and forth. But I think Team Gale has a better chance than Team Peeta for sure. But I do find myself pulling for the underdog, Peeta. I haven't read the last book, but something tells me Team Gale wins!
9} What would you consider the most important event in your life so far? Meeting Noah :) My life as I know it now all started with him.
10} Do you have any phobias? Ha, funny you should ask. Anyone that knows me well knows I have a pretty irrational fear of pickles. Saying the word gives me heebie geebies. They are gross. They stink and I have to tell restaurants I am allergic so I can make sure one doesn't ever touch my plate. I'm not sure when and what sparked this fear but I've had it for as long as I can remember. I know. I'm weird.
11} Would you rather... always have a popcorn kernel stuck in your throat OR have Cheeto fingers forever? Ugh, I hate that feeling of something in my teeth. I choose cheeto fingers. It would make things pretty messy though :)
Now for my 11 questions: 1) What is your favorite animated Disney movie? 2) Which reality TV show would you choose to be on and why? 3) What did you do last with your girlfriends? 4) Who are you most like, Mom or Dad? 5) What song can't you get out of your head at the moment? 6) How did you meet the person that tagged you? 7) What is the last movie you cried while watching it? 8) What is your favorite item in your wardrobe right now? 9) What would your dream job be? 10) What is your favorite beauty product? 11) Do you have any guilty pleasures? What is one?
And I am tagging... I don't know too many bloggers so I'm adding some FB friends too because I'd love to know their answers :) Go to my blog and comment back with your answers if you don't have a blog. And if you read this and want in on this survey awesomeness feel free!
And here are the answers to my questions: 1) What is your favorite animated Disney movie? Little Mermaid hands down.
2) Which reality TV show would you choose to be on and why? I would be on So You Think You Can Dance. I've always wanted to be as talented at dancing and I love dancers' bodies :)
3) What did you do last with your girlfriends? The last thing I did with a big group of my girlfriends was go out for Amy's Bachelorette weekend. Day at the spa, dinner, and dancing :)
4) Who are you most like, Mom or Dad? I am not sure about this question. Not sure where I got my overly emotional, stressed-out-all-the-time personality because it wasn't from my parents.
5) What song can't you get out of your head at the moment? I love that Gotye song, Somebody that I Used to Know. I just hope the radio doesn't play it out because they tend to always accomplish exactly that.
6) How did you meet the person that tagged you? n/a
7) What is the last movie you cried while watching it? Man... I have no clue... Its been so long since I've even watched a movie.
8) What is your favorite item in your wardrobe right now? I am loving my royal blue denims. They are comfy and I love that I can pair it with just about anything. I can also dress it down or up. I need to get them in different colors!
9) What would your dream job be? hmmm.. I would love to get paid to shop.. like a personal stylist or a fancy buyer.
10) What is your favorite beauty product? I'm a big fan of Maybeline's BabyLips at the moment. I also like Essie's nail polish. They have such fun colors right now for the summer and the quality of the polish is great. It lasts way longer than most nail polishes I've used.
11) Do you have any guilty pleasures? What is one? Sure, liking Justin Bieber's songs count?
Okay. A sign that I am old. I no longer read magazines with juicy celebrity gossip. I now like reading magazines like Good Housekeeping, Woman's Day, and Redbook. I mean, I still like to get the scoop about the celebs out there but I can get that online or during the Hizzywood Hizzzle (shout-out Kidd Kraddick in the Morning!).
I stole this mommy survey from GH.
1. What's the best part of your day? Coming home from work and hearing Ava shout "mommy!" as she runs toward me :)
2. Is there a parenting rule you never break? Unfortunately I've probably broken a million rules I always said I wouldn't before I had kids. I'm still learning.
3. What's your beauty must have? Chapstick. I never re-apply lip gloss and barely ever use lipstick but you will always find me slabbing on chapstick. I love Maybeline's BabyLips!
4. What's always in your bag? My lifeline aka iPhone, check card, and hand sanitizer.
5. What's always in your fridge? Fruit. Milk. Bacon bits, cheese, and eggs.
6. What book are you reading now? Suzanne Collin's Catching Fire. I am almost half way through it and it's getting good! The problem is trying to find time to read it for long stretches.
7. Three words that describe you as a mom? Blessed. Busy. Tired.
8. Three words that describe you as a wife? Faithful. Crazy. Lova :)
9. Do you still find time for a girl's night out? It's definitely harder to find the time as often as I would like sadly. But when we do get together its great!
10. When do you find time for you? I take my sweet time in the shower. It's my time to let my day go and unwind for just a moment.